stephen perkins talk

I resonated with Stephen Perkins idea of the trouble maker vs institutional. I feel that I am also a trouble maker in the art world. I am also a big fan of the fluxus movement, so I am planning to look into his work in that movement. I was intrigued by Perkins idea of an "experimentation year." I wish that Lawrence allowed more room for experimentation in our studio practices. 

Perkins usage of words as medium is an idea I have only begun to mess around with through artists books. I wonder how I could implement that into my own work that is primarily ceramic. The idea of art for the benefit of social change I find important and see underlying tones of this in my own work. I really liked the concept of hidden art, the way that Perkins randomly hid these little cards around museums and in public. I feel that I do this in my own way, throwing the majority of my ceramics pieces down by the river when I'm done with them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Reflection 2