Blog Post 4

"The Disneyland imaginary is neither true nor false; it is a deterrence machine set up in order to rejuvenate in reverse the fiction of the real"


I have always been fascinated by my mothers obsession with Disneyland. Before completing this reading, i had always assumed it added up to the desire for an escape from reality. I now see that it is both an escape from reality and an invitation into reality (both the realities we acknowledge and the ones we do not see clearly). 

I decided to pull my mom into the conversation between me and the text and get her thoughts on it. She agreed that the phenomenon of Disneyland, it being both out of this world and down to earth, is exactly what makes it so special. The kind of connection people feel to Disneyland only exists because of this juxtaposition.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Reflection 2